For now consider this only as an overview of the topics covered and dates for assignments. A finislized schedule will be posted soon. The readings are refererences to the list given below. I have downloaded locally papers when available. Also note that all SIGGRAPH papers can be accessed using the ACM digital library.
|Jan 8||introduction | recap||paper pref. to 1/31|
|Jan 10||hardware trends | APIs||game pref. to 1/31|
|Jan 12||--- cancelled ---|
|Jan 15||shadows||hardware||assignment out|
|Jan 17||game: TBD||hardware|
|Jan 22||avd. lighting||shadows|
|Jan 24||game: TBD||shadows||assignment due|
|Jan 29||-- no lecture --||adv. lighting||project description|
|Jan 31||-- no lecture --||adv. lighting||project meeting|
|Feb 7||project intro||ibl|
|Feb 12||interactive ray tracing||prt/irt|
|Feb 19||geometry simplification||project milestone I|
|Feb 21||project milestone I|
|Feb 26||procedural geometry||geom|
|Feb 28||game: spore||geom|
|Mar 4||intro to physics|
|Mar 6||project milestone II||project milestone II|
- W. Mark, R. Glanville, K. Akeley, M. Kilgard. Cg: A System for Programming Graphics Hardware in a C-like Language SIGGRAPH 2003. Presented by TBD.
- A. Lefohn, J. Kniss, R. Strzodka, S. Sengupta, J. Owens. Glift : Generic, Efficient Random-Access GPU Data Structures ACM TOG 2006, 25(1). Presented by TBD.
- D. Blythe. The DirectX 10 System SIGGRAPH 2006. Presented by TBD.
- P. Sloan, J. Kautz, J. Snider. Precomputed Radiance Transfer ... SIGGRAPH 2002. Presented by TBD.
- W. Mark et al. Razor: An Architecture for Dynamic Multiresolution Ray Tracing TOGxx. Presented by TBD.
- R. Overbeck, R. Ramamoorthi, W. Mark. A Real-time Beam Tracer with Application to Exact Soft Shadows EGSR, 2007. Presented by TBD.
- M. Garland, P. Heckbert. Surface Simpliﬁcation Using Quadric Error Metrics SIGGRAPH 1997. Presented by TBD.
- O. Deussen et al. Realistic Modeling and Rendering of Plant Ecosystems SIGGRAPH 1998. Presented by TBD.
- P. Mueller et al. Procedural Modeling of Buildings SIGGRAPH 2006. Presented by TBD.